Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bang The Gong, Let's Get It On!


Who am I, Sir? A UTAH MAN AM I.

It has been well documented by now that I bleed Red and White. I am what many people would call a Utah Fanatic. I can name hundreds of players that have donned the crimson jersey, I can remember the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I've been known to shed a tear when the team loses, and I've been known to feel great pride when they win.

I've been to far too many football games to count. Since infancy I have been going with my family. When I was 5 I would lug in a backpack of Ninja Turtles to play with at the game, little did I know but my dad would hide a six-pack of beer under the Turtles and let me sneak it in.

I used to sit in the stands and practice the referee hand signals, to this day I know them all even the very obscure signals that you never see used.

As I write this we are only 22 hours away from the kick-off of the season. A season of hope, a season of rebuilding, and most importantly a season of definition.

In the last decade the Utes have rewritten the definition of who the University of Utah is. Before 2000, few people knew about the diamond in the rough that is the U of U. Sure Utah had a few brushes with greatness prior to the new millennium but nothing substantial. That has all changed. Utah is now a powerhouse known around the country as a team to not take lightly.

No matter what the next few months tell us about this year's Utes team, I will be there cheering them on. I will forever be waiting for the day when Utah is mentioned in the same breath as other National Champions.

Because after all a Utah Man Am I....GO UTES!

1 comment: