Monday, February 1, 2010

Things I Thought I Would Know By Now...

I came to a realization today. Somewhere between the mundane workday and the stress that comes with tomorrow I said to myself more than once, "I thought I would know that by now."

Jeff Foxworthy has a bit acknowledging my train of thought. He states that he wishes he knew how Jell-0 worked or how they figure out how long to make a bungy jumper's rope. Foxworthy speaks of the humorous things, but my thoughts are of problems a "normal" 25-year-old should know.

I Wish I knew...

1. ...How to tie a neck tie. I don't to the stupid clip on B.S. and I have three or four ties hanging in my closet all of which have been tied by my dad because I have never learned how.

2. ...How tennis scoring works. I get the 15-30-40-match, win by two progression but what I don't get is how the sets and games work. How does someone win in straight sets or not?

3. ...How to write a good resume. Of course I have one and it does have all the necessary information but it doesn't seem to catch the attention of prospective employers.

4. ...Where my mom came up with her brownie recipe. So damn good I swear they are special-brownies.

5. ...How to be more assertive. Let's face it I'm quite the pushover, this needs to change.

6. ...How to make more money. Does this really need explanation.

7. ...How to stop procrastinating. I have this little problem of waiting until the last possible minute to do any real work. I think it has something to do with my journalism background and needing the pressure of a looming deadline to kick my ass into gear.

8. ...How to meet/date women. No game, no game, no game...AT ALL.

9. ...Where to buy a good suit. Every guy needs one yet, I don't.

10. ...How to make more money. Get a better job is at the top of my list trust me.

Well, looks like I have some work to do to check figure this stuff out...

No comments:

Post a Comment